It is a good thing that soft pretzels require so much steam/effort to make. Otherwise I would probably eat an entire batch every day. So instead of stuffing my face, here is recent food news to stuff in your brain.
Last week it was restaurants in NYC, this week it’s a great piece on some DC restaurants considering doing away with tipping.
- Political issues related to food that Civil Eats thinks could play a part in next year’s presidential elections (and I wish were playing a part in VA’s local elections in a few weeks). #3 is definitely the biggest issue to me.
- Good for the planet; happy to eat. A Swiss study says consumers are willing to be more environmentally conscious about their food choices.
- This is an amazing bit of retro packaging:
- A few small drinks items: a roving vintage bar cart brings behind the bar to your table, whiskey cocktails for fall, and a cute “computer” to keep by your shaker for inspiration.
- Some interesting food related kickstarter campaigns are happening at the moment.
- Beautiful food from a buddhist nun.
- Whether you are planning some international adventures or just love a bit of escapism, here’s how to order coffee in several prime travel destinations and NOT sound like a tourist.
- Here’s a bizzare power ranking of snack items from Trader Joe’s
- And finally, a dose of spooky as we near halloween, a slideshow of haunted restaurants and hotels around the country.