While our leaves may not be vibrant yet here in Virginia, the produce is!
A crazy long list of links this week; if you make it to the end there are beer puns as a reward:
- Forgot this one last week. Gendered foods.
- The meta-cookie. This video is a bit long but worth it if you have 20mins.
- A canned pumpkin pie filling shortage is imminent. Yet another reason to buy squash and pie pumpkins from your local farmers, AND read my FredParent blog post tomorrow which includes the easiest way to get the sweet flesh out of the monster skin!
- I like her. A great interview.
- Not exactly about food, but being a soccer fan I had to mention this. Coke and McDonald's are only like 5 months late at calling for Sepp’s resignation. At least they realized they should? (More likely they were told by members of the ethics committee that he was about to be suspended and they should get ahead of that…)
- And in other McDonalds news...hash browns aren't part of all day breakfast? (Okay only in 10% of stores apparently, I want to know how the kitchen organization/layout affects JUST hash browns and am pretty surprised that layouts are not uniform at least throughout this country).
- A lovely kitchen on wheels and not at all what I was expecting when I clicked. The mustard tiles are my favorite bit.
- More pretty objects: Tiki mugs made in Asheville, NC.
- These cake gadgets are conceptually fascinating, even if they didn’t work perfectly.
- An NYU startup. Powdered food.
- In other startup news, lots of money raised to develop a plant-based burger that's (intended to be) indistinguishable from beef.
- Hmmm, it seems some familiar grocery store brands have been branching out into the fast food restaurant market.
- Brick and Mortar v Food Truck: Nebraska edition.
- AHA! Take that “sweet”.
- A hilarious response to the Michelin stars system.
- I’m amazed that The Simpsons hadn’t done a spoof of food celebrity until this past weekend.
- Punny names of beer purveyors, as promised.