Sorry for a deviation from the usual time for this post; my family does more stuff Christmas eve than the day-of. Present-wise I got two bottles of mezcal, a six-pack of crazy soft socks, and a very sturdy jar for fermenting.
- Since the past year has been such a Moment for food in London we’ll start the week with a recap of the Queen’s Christmas broadcast (very hopeful) and this image of her wedding cake which was on history in pictures Wednesday.
- AND while we’re still world travelers let’s check out a Puerto Rican Christmas feast.
- Fruitcake! The symbol of plenty and good fortune all over the world.
Even more fruitcake, this one took 13 months to make apparently...
- Some awards from City Paper on the best and worst in DC food for 2015.
- Issues with health and safety in 13 different states seems like the Chipotle saga has gone way past “karma” for whatever personal wrongs done, but whatever, here’s the article about Chipotle for this week. It involves kitchen espionage.
- This is only interesting for the statement “the road to hell is paved with free paring knives”.
- And in the world of bizarre fruit...this thing. (I’m not sure why it was reposted today, but it was originally from my birthday 9 months ago. Weird)
- 2015 in recipes from Epicurious. I'm sure many more the year in recipies/food links will be coming net week. Though thankfully there seem to be less of "best of" lists this year than in the past.