I'm posting this week listening to a jazz ensemble warm up in the Kogod Courtyard in the American Art Museum; one of my favorite places in DC. I got to try Beefsteak today -I had the kimchi-wa but wish I had designed my own- which I've mentioned in the links a couple times before. It was good, probably not worth the blister I got walking here to the museum from George Washington University...but that's probably more my fault for wanting to wear my super-old gold sandals.
And in honor of the rawness of my skin today's picture is some steak I made recently.
- I heard about this lecture of Choi’s when it happened, it was apparently crazy powerful. I’m excited a restaurant concept came out of it! Veggie burgers for all.
- Chipotle has university researchers trying to make their tortillas “better”. I’m hoping the annoying yoga mat material lady doesn't get wind of this. She'd convince her idiot followers to be against a less tear-able tortilla.
- National brands are playing up local-esque/ness for your custom.
- Researching and recreating food from the 60’s for TV. No, not the cocktails of Mad Men, rather the mayonnaise dreams and jello molds of Astronaut wives. I don’t think I will be tempted to create any of these myself. But the pictures are great!
- And thank you Clark Gregg for this one last, unrelated, great image. Bakery owners the world over are wishing they’d thought of it first.