This weeks big question: will zombie wheat make my ciabatta rolls tastier?
Apologies for the links being late; I was volunteering at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival all day yesterday. If you are looking for some Pisco, lots of dancing and to watch as a bridge is made of straw I highly recommend making the trip up to DC.
- Food styled to reference “The Shining” need I say more!?
- For those interested in nutrition. Nutrients and how to get them.
- A short Q&A with a guy who’s written a book about trying to bring back extinct produce from the old south. And you thought wheat couldn’t get any better (or maybe that was me).
- And a Second Q&A with a guy who replanted the kitchen garden at the White House. He like kitchen gardens a lot.
- Untitled is a great name for a restaurant in an art museum. Many colors of rose is intriguing; I hope they are lined up like a piece of modern art.
- How to have ideals and money too.
- Whole Foods of course vehemently disputes this... but if they are actually mislabeling things, this may bring them down faster than the fact that other chains have figured out how to sell good looking organic produce way cheaper than Whole Foods does.
- Eco-Cows in the UK (slightly different than anarchy).
- Lastly, a list of food packaging conventions that annoy the Kitchn. It reads mostly like the writer has trouble with dexterity, but is a nice bit of silly all the same.