This week, I finally finished testing for my second "Beat The Heat" blog post for Fredericksburg Parent. Look for a post in the next couple days!
After I'm done writing that up, I can almost guarantee I'll spend the rest of the weekend watching season 3 of Mind of A Chef, which will be added to Netflix tomorrow, especially if the weather doesn't change from the past two days.
- The second half of an exploration of the relationship between sound and our food. I would so love to talk to the guy they interviewed about sound!
- “Since the very beginning, saffron leads to crime”, what an intense trailer!
- Food52 announced they have a panel of cool people.
- For the August issue of Food & Wine the magazine paired recipes with gorgeous bowls, fabrics, cutlery, etc.
- Really, really old yogurt starter.
- And yet more dairy: the variety of forms your risotto can take.
- Watermelons are berries too. I’m continually fascinated by the taxonomy of the plants we eat.
- The Fredericksburg summer restaurant week participants. It starts tomorrow.
- Have you wondered what a “living wage” for fast food workers would mean for the price of your fast food meals? The answer is you probably won’t notice at all.
- So Nashville has an annual event called the Tomato Art Festival. So many tomato related events and contests...who wants to go!?
- And speaking of travel. Here’s a list of Taprooms apparently worth a pilgrimage.