I've just finished watching X-Men Days of Future Past for the first time and realized something awesome about its most recent Marvel Studios cousin Ant-Man: They are eating or at least congregating around dinner tables ALL. THE. TIME. in Ant-Man. No over emphasis, but it does drive home the "normal person" thing.
I mean, I may not be an average sample but I'm writing this blog post from my kitchen counter while baking bread for dinner tonight. Now I'll be on the lookout for movies that use food and eating to wordlessly tell the audience things.
Anyway, on to the links!
- Starting the day right with powerful people of Washington: what they eat for breakfast.
- When food writers have specific foods they hate.
- What a depressing waste of cheese…
- Matrix maths and veggies, together at last, kind of.
- I think we were doing just fine with 5 tastes, science, thanks...this is just like when they took away Pluto.
- An interesting interview on Thai cuisine and its legacy.
- And from global to local, a rave review of a new-ish restaurant in Culpepper (a great drive this time of year).