I rolled up some porchetta for Easter, hope everyone had pleasant pork/lamb/whatever meals wherever you were.
- I think I need a sourdough doctor, but hotel is funny too.
- Marcel (from Top Chef season 2) talks about technique, health and flavor.
- Ramen burgers for everyone!
- The WaPo food section had several interesting read this week. A scanning technology that may in future help make rediculous food-related regulations and red tape unnecessary. Also a loooong read on regional Appalachian cuisine.
- Another loooong read on maple syrup tasting in VT.
- Tomato breeding from LuckyPeach!
- I’d never heard of Natto before reading this. Fascinating.
- A wide ranging Q&A with Giada.
- Yelping as social protest...how did we get here?
- Read about these cool, do-gooder food startups and look out for them in future.
- PepsiCo announces their timeline to switch to cage-free eggs. The most interesting thing in the article is the list of companies and food chains who the Humane League has gotten to agree to cage-free.
- A discussion of patio seating in DC.
- And finally some inventive design reuse: