Used my birthday present last night, the grill pizza stone pictured. The bubbly cheese is an unaged pecorino that was amazing, melty sheep's milk cheese yay! Also if you're near NOVA check out Cheesetique which is where I got it. And now, LINKS!Read More
It's citrus season; you deserve some key lime pie!
A short list this week. But there are some really great reads in there.
Antibiotics in farming and bottled water make the Guardian’s list of “five ethical stories that will define the next decade”
Eating insects may not be in the list above, but here’s a great Q&A with someone who’s putting crickets in bitters. These guys prove that design is absolutely essential to sustainability. It’s like a protein shake, but with a cocktail shaker instead of a blender!!! Disclaimer, I actually have no idea how much protein would remain after tincturing.
The Science of Herbs with the food science master himself; McGee FTW every time.
An overview of the most hipster food scandal ever (or so far, I guess, depending on your perspective).
This is (probably) the last time I will point out how “detoxing” and “fasting” are dumb new year's resolutions.
A new fast casual restaurant in DC is making lunch bowls focused on hummus.
Fredericksburg gets one step closer to a second craft brewery downtown with this public hearing.
Some genius subs for fresh tomatoes in wintertime. Cucumber salad with asian pear or mango, sign me up!
I used my first batch of sprouted things AKA my "new years resolution" last night. Baked chicken "alfredo" with sprouted lentils and chickpeas over rice and baby kale. Nomnom. You can read my real talk about resolutions for Fredericksburg Parent here: http://bit.ly/1MMAEu9
- OMG 60 minutes made a report on something that’s actually relevant to my life and interesting. Does that mean I’m old?
- Are you ready to serve the country by eating?
- Start the year off right by looking back at what people from the past thought “future food” would be like.
- And here’s what the people at food tank predict for this year.
- Bring your lunch to work more often this year with these tips.
- What the editors at Food52 want to be cooking in 2016.
- Also from Food52, they asked grandparents to predict this year’s food trends. Pretty great.
- Yay closed-loop farming.
- A buzzfeed list of things, not all of which I agree make me feel euphoric as someone who loves to cook. But whatever, it IS just buzzfeed, and maybe you'll agree more than me.
- Panera is making their soup “clean” and here’s the preview page for that.
- Did you know there was such a thing as famous pickle lovers?
- Bizzare frying pan with compartments, used by an Olympian, drives everyone crazy.
- People are also confused by this new hybrid espresso drink at Starbucks.
A fun list this week, with some long reads:Read More
Hope everyone has been enjoying their Thanksgiving leftovers! Besides cooking and compiling these links, I've been working on themes for holiday cookie trays for my food advice blog for Fredericksburg Parent Magazine. But the most important thing this week is that Top Chef is back . YAY (also, Spoiler Alert)!Read More