It's MARCH. That means my birthday is near but more importantly that days that are mild and long enough for grilling are also near! Have some links and falafel while you wait:Read More
Hope everyone has been enjoying their Thanksgiving leftovers! Besides cooking and compiling these links, I've been working on themes for holiday cookie trays for my food advice blog for Fredericksburg Parent Magazine. But the most important thing this week is that Top Chef is back . YAY (also, Spoiler Alert)!Read More
I saw earlier today that Capital Ale House announced a temporary re-opening date of the 22nd of this month, pretty exciting. Other than that I've spent the last week trying not to melt and working on some posts for my food advice blog. The next one up features these corn cobs which were especially photogenic yesterday.
- An interesting piece on the $15 minimum wage.
- Easy. Bake. Oven. Not just for underdone cakes anymore.
- Mostly, I love the way this webpage is set up, it’s gorgeous. But Eater wants you to know that Beijing has a wide variety of restaurants and here are the most buzz-worthy at the moment.
- I always love hearing Andy Ricker talk about eating in Thailand. From this article, so do travel writers.
- I’m a BIG fan of the term “jumbleberry”.
- Speaking of terms, geeky jargon is the only way to go. Also, kudos to the Boston Globe for giving a new column to this clearly awesome person!
- Anyone who doesn’t giggle at the tagline “Bring home the bacon” on a bacon curing kit is dead inside.
- Using buzzfeed as an example of everyone being obsessed with something may be cheating a bit, but I think the fact that half the time #GBBO is trending on twitter backs up the statement that The Great British Bakeoff (or Baking Show...I’m still unsure why PBS made the name boring for US audiences) has reached peak cultural saturation. My personal favorite bit about GBBO is the voice-over during the technical bake explaining to the viewer what all the bakers are doing wrong. Followed of course by a series of shots of the most confused bakers most worried facial expressions.
- “Proudly Inauthentic” that’s SO Dale. Several of the recipes this article teases look a little like things I make for my brother for school lunch.
This weeks big question: will zombie wheat make my ciabatta rolls tastier?
Apologies for the links being late; I was volunteering at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival all day yesterday. If you are looking for some Pisco, lots of dancing and to watch as a bridge is made of straw I highly recommend making the trip up to DC.Read More
The second installment of your weekly link fiesta.
March! The month of lions and lambs, the spring equinox, leprechauns, my birthday, and brackets. So. Many. Brackets. A veritable ”Madness” madness... So here’s two more! The annual local food&drink related tournament brackets: beer madness from WaPo and the Culinary Challenge from the VA Dept of Tourism.Read More